Tip Tuesday: Clean a microwave without all the hard work
Cleaning the kitchen can be exhausting enough without having to scrub away at a microwave in desperate need of cleaning. You can get a microwave clean without the scrubbing using just a few ingredients:
- 2 cups water
- A bowl or measuring cup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- A sponge
- A drop of lemon essential oil (optional)
Here's the simplest way to clean a microwave:
- Pour the water and vinegar into the bowl or measuring cup. You can also add the lemon oil at this point to give the microwave a fresher smell after you're done cleaning.
- Place a toothpick in the bowl (this keeps the water and vinegar from spilling out of the bowl while in the microwave).
- Heat the bowl and its contents in the microwave for five minutes.
- Keep the microwave door shut for another two or three minutes.
- Take the bowl and the microwave tray out of the microwave.
- Wash the microwave tray in the sink.
- Wipe the microwave with a wet sponge.