Tip Tuesday: Getting ahead on back-to-school prep
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WACH) - School is almost back in session, but that doesn't mean you can't start preparing for that first day.
While your children cling onto the last weeks of summer, it may be tempting to coast into the school year. However, this is the perfect time to write a to-do list for the weeks and days leading up to your children's return to the classroom.
Here's a draft list to make sure your child is well-prepared (and well-rested) on the big day!
Prepping for the First Day
- Practice school sleep schedule
- Stock up on school supplies
- Print out school year calendar, bus schedule, etc.
- Complete school paperwork and ask the school any questions
- Pick out clothes
- Pack bookbag and lunch
- Got to bed earlier than normal
- Set multiple alarms
- Wake up earlier than normal
- Prepare a hot breakfast
- Take photos
- Allow 15 extra minutes in case of last minute hiccups