73 / 48
      58 / 41
      57 / 37

      2 additional juveniles could be charged as adults in Strange beating

      Surveillance video of suspects / CPD

      COLUMBIA (WACH) -- Two more of the juveniles police say were involved in the brutal Five Points beating of a teenager earlier this month may be charged as adults.

      Fifth Circuit Solicitor Dan Johnson says his office has requested that two of the seven suspects below 18-years of age be moved from family court to be charged in General Sessions Court. The move will require approval by the family court.

      One juvenile suspect has already been charged as an adult in the violent beating of Carter Strange that took place on June 20. Nineteen-year-old Tyheem Henry was also charged. Both remain housed in the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.

      The remaining four juveniles will be prosecuted in Family Court.

      Johnson also says there is no evidence that points towards this incident being racially motivated, therefore it will not be considered a hate crime.

      Related Stories... Carter Strange: Five Points beating survival a miracle Columbia passes emergency curfew for Five Points Five Points beating brings debate over curfew

      Columbia police say Strange was attacked by the mob in a parking lot on the 1900 block of Blossom Street.

      Carter Strange and his family appeared Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show, and the teen said he doesn't think about forgiving his attackers because he doesn't want to think about them at all.

      Surveillance video captured the young suspects involved in the beating that prompted emergency brain surgery for Strange.

      Columbia City Council also passed an emergency teen curfew ordinance for the Five Points area because of the incident.

      The curfew is in effect from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. for those 16 and younger and applies to Five Points, Maxcy Gregg Park, and Martin Luther King Jr. Park.

      Do you think the juveniles should be prosecuted as adults for this crime?