Deputies investigating fire at shooting scene
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:53:47 GMT —
LAURENS, S.C. (FoxCarolina, AP) -- Sheriffs deputies are investigating a fire at a mobile home in South Carolina where a man was shot to death last week.
Multiple media outlets reported that firefighters were called to the home in Laurens County shortly after 3 a.m. Tuesday. The home was destroyed. Sheriff Ricky Chastain says the cause of the fire is under investigation, but appears to be suspicious.
That home is where investigators have said that 43-year-old Albert Williams Hoyte was found lying on the floor suffering from a gunshot wound on Friday night. Hoyte later died at the scene.
Deputies have said that another woman was found a few houses away, suffering from a gunshot wound. She was taken to an area hospital and treated for her injuries. Her name was not immediately released.
So far, deputies have charged 61-year-old Angulus Harold Carter and 30-year-old Sterling Orlando Workman in connection with the shootings.
Carter was charged with obstruction of justice in the case.
Workman was charged with murder in the case.
Deputies said they are still looking for Samuel Gerard Mosley, who has been charged with murder in the case. He was described as a 5 feet, 9 inch black man weighing about 165 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. His hair may be cut short or shaved.
Anyone with information on Mosley's whereabouts was asked to call CrimeStoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.
The cause of Tuesday morning's fire is under investigation, but deputies said they believe it is suspicious.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report).