77
      Saturday
      88 / 71
      Sunday
      89 / 70
      Monday
      88 / 70

      Early morning house fire leaves four displaced

      An early morning house fire has left four people homeless.

      Columbia, SC (WACH)--An early morning house fire has left four people homeless.

      CFD Spokesman Brick Lewis said they responded to a house fire on the 200 block of Pineneedle Rd. around 5:30 Saturday morning. The fire was placed under control around 6:15 a.m.

      Firefighters say the four people displaced are two adults and two children. The Red Cross has been contacted to provide assistance. No injuries were reported.

      Lewis said the cause was unattended cooking; and that the home is a complete loss. Damages are around $75,000. The fire is under investigation.