COLUMBIA (WACH) â?? Itâ??s almost 4th of July weekend and there are a ton of things to do! Check out the list below:
- Lexington County Peach Festival-- The Peachy Contest starts at 9 a.m. in the Cafeteria of Gilbert Primary School again on July 4th.
- Newberry Independence Day Celebration-- The festivities are free of charge and begin at 6pm when the gates open with music and rides for the children. At 9pm or as soon thereafter as possible, the evening will culminate with one of the Southeastâ??s largest fireworks displays. The celebration will take place on Friday night, July 4th, at Newberry High School located at 3113 Main Street, Newberry, SC.
- Blues & BBQ on the River: This begins at 6-10pm. Admission to Coble Plaza is FREE. $15 tickets, which include food, beverages and access to terrace seating, are available for purchase. No coolers will be permitted. Blues & BBQ will be held at Coble Plaza, 211 Gervais Street, Columbia, SC 29201 (Behind EdVenture Childrenâ??s Museum).
- Ft. Jackson 4th of July-- Fort Jacksons annual celebration of Americaâ??s independence, the Torchlight Tattoo is scheduled for 8 p.m., July 4, at Hilton Field.
- Village at Sandhill Freedom Festâ?? Free rides and activities begin at 1pm and the music starts at 6pm with country music star Ronnie McDowell and continues with the legendary Johnny Lee and The Urban Cowboy Band at 8pm! And the top fireworks show in the mid-state gets underway at 9:30pm!
- Star Spangled Symphonic Salute at Saluda Shoals Park-- Lake Murray Symphony Orchestra and Saluda Shoals Park present their annual "Star Spangled Symphonic Salute" program on the evening of July 4th between 6 and 9 pm.The concert begins at 8:00pm, but come early for dinner.
- Capital City Beach Party Saturday at Finlay Park: This begins at 4-10pm, beach party is free to the public. The fireworks show begins at 10pm.