73
      Thursday
      94 / 72
      Friday
      93 / 73
      Saturday
      88 / 70

      Family and animals safe after house fire

      A house fire caused significant damage on Barnwell Street in downtown Columbia.

      COLUMBIA (WACH) -- A house fire leaves significant damage to a home on Barnwell Street in Columbia.

      The flames spread quickly but firefighters were able to get it out shortly after they arrived.

      Fire crews say two adults, a child, and several animals were inside the home at the time.

      Columbia Fire Chief Aubrey Jenkins says there was no power to the home and that the fire could have been caused by a generator being used.

      The Red Cross will be called to help the family.