Firefighters kick off their boots to help families
Wed, 02 Oct 2013 08:29:15 GMT —
LEXINGTON (WACH)- The Lexington Fire Service has teamed up with the Midlands Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) for the annual MDA Boot Drive to benefit local families.
The Boot Drive will be held Wednesday October 2nd through Friday October 4th at the following intersections from approximately 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.:
- Lexington Sunset Blvd in front of Walmart
- Chapin Columbia Ave and Chapin Rd./ Old Lexington Hwy and Wessinger Rd.
- Red Bank South Lake Dr. and Platt Springs Rd.
- Oak Grove Oak Dr. and Mineral Springs Rd.
- Round Hill Longs Pond Rd and Two Notch Rd.
- South Congaree Main St. and Pine St.
- Swansea N. Church St. and W. Second St.
- Pelion Main St. and Pine St.
- Pine Grove Emanuel Church Rd. and Old Barnwell Rd.
Money collected during the boot drive will be used provide services for local families living with muscle disease and fund research to find a cure. Last yearâ??s drive raised almost $44,000 during the three day campaign.
Executive Director Tara Heil stated, â??MDA is proud to partner with these brave men and women of the Lexington Fire Service as we work together to impact the lives of the families living with neuromuscular disease in the Midlands.â??