Here is your Good Day Columbia GDC Morning WACH for Friday June 14, 2013:
Happy Fathers Day! (We know it is Sunday, but we wanted to be the first to say it!)
Speaking of Fatherâ??s Day, are you hungry?
Our friends from Rue 77 joined us this morning with a perfect breakfast idea for deal olâ?? dad. It seems to us that steak and eggs would be the perfect way to wake him up on Sunday morning. Whatâ??s that? You donâ??t have the recipe? No problem. Here it is:
- One 12 ounce rib eye
- Idaho potato hash
- Poached eggs
- SautÃed asparagus
- Garnished with fresh parsley
- Grill steak to medium rare with salt and pepper seasoning.
- While steak is grilling, heat pan with oil and sautÃ asparagus for a few minutes and same with potatoes on a separate pan.Poach eggs for two and half minutes.
- Take steak off the grill and re st for 3 minutes.
- Serve steak with asparagus, eggs and garnish with hollandaise and fresh parsley.
Perry Lancaster from Brittonâ??s stopped by with some fashion for dad. If you are going to get dad a tie, make it a cool one! You can check out the impromptu fashion show HERE.
Are you teed off?
Football legend George Rogers joined us this morning to talk about the 22 annual Golf Classic at Fort Jackson, supporting the George Rogers Foundation. The classic is a captainâ??s choice with a 9:00 a.m. shotgun start. You can find all the details about this annual day HERE.
Good Day is the Midlands only local 4 hour television morning show, providing news, weather, traffic, information, entertainment, and fun to Columbia, Lexington, Batesburg, Kershaw, Newberry, Saluda, Sandy Run, Chapin, Cayce, South Congeree, Orangeburg, Camden, and the other areas of the Midlands of South Carolina.
Be sure to connect with the GDC Team!