Here is your Good Day Columbia GDC Morning WACH for Tuesday November 12, 2013:
There are several links we want to pass along this morning:
Up in lights
Ready for this years Vista Lights celebration? Itâ??s hard to believe it is that time of year already, but the time is here, and
are the details from this yearâ??s party.
You keep being YOU
With ID theft impacting well over 11 million people each year, Safe Federal Credit Union is offering a free shred day Wednesday. HERE are the details.
National Diabetes Awareness Month
Are you ready for a new job?
If you are looking for a new gig, there are many places to search, including job fairs. The question is, however, are you ready for the fair? Lori Cook offered some tips from the Richland Library Job Center.
Thinking about attending a Career Fair? If you want to be successful, you need to understand the purpose of the job fair, prepare yourself, and go in with a plan of action!
Whatâ??s the purpose of the Job Fair?
· To obtain company and industry information
· To distribute your resume
· To network with recruiters, other job-seekers and career professionals
· To learn about jobs or internships from employers and recruiters
· To gain experience in how to communicate your brand
How to be prepared for the Job Fair:
· Pre-register when possible
· Identify and research employers that you are interested in before the job fair
· Map out a strategy for who you want to meet
· Know your resume, work history, and be ready to explain - this is the time to really sell yourself
· Prepare your questions to ask in advance and practice your interview
· Bring extra copies of your resume and reference page
· Get organized the night before (clothes, resumes, portfolio, etc.)
How to follow-up after the Job Fair:
· Mail a thank you letter to the employers that you spoke with
· If you completed an application, call to confirm that it was completed and if they need any additional information
· Follow up with the company to inquire about the status of your resume/application
Midlands Job Fair
is this Thursday, November 15, 2013, 9 a.m. - noon at the SC National Guard complex in Columbia. Some participating employers include BCBS, CMX, Wendyâ??s, Agape Senior, USC, Time Warner, state and local government, and many more.
Good Day is the Midlands only local 4 hour television morning show, providing news, weather, traffic, information, entertainment, and fun to Columbia, Lexington, Batesburg, Kershaw, Newberry, Saluda, Sandy Run, Chapin, Cayce, South Congaree, Orangeburg, Camden, and the other areas of the Midlands of South Carolina.
Be sure to connect with the GDC Team!