Here is your Good Day Columbia GDC Morning WACH for Tuesday February 11, 2014:
Old Man Winter just doesnâ??t seem to want to take his bow this year, and all I can say is â??Ol Phil was right about his winter guess.
We had a busy pre-storm day on the show, and here are the links.
Back in time, with no Delorean
Tyler was live at the house of a president. Historic Columbia is celebrating the re-opening of the Woodrow Wilson House on Hampton Street. The house will be open this weekend, and you can find more information about this historic event and house HERE.
Itâ??s never the wrong time to look good
New York Fashion Week is coming, and Janet took a look at what to expect from the best of the best. Check out more on the very fashionable time HERE.
Fall in love with your job
Even the best jobs have their days, and although they come, loving what you do can be the key to success.
· Reading that extra manual, going to that extra conference or taking on that extra task wonâ??t feel as overwhelming and you will be more likely to seek out opportunities to grow.
· Becoming great at something takes doing it 10,000 times which requires the commitment, time and energy that comes from loving what you do.
· The number one way to have an outstanding resume and to get that promotion is to be excellent. Hands down! When you love what you do and you invest in becoming the best at it, your enthusiasm and expertise will be recognized by employers. Being great at something will get you noticed.
· Knowing that your expert skills are being recognized inspires you and sustains you through those â??bad days.â?? On the flip side, if you donâ??t love what you do, you wind up using up the clock instead of going for the gold!
The Business and Job Center has three classes this week to get you thinking:
· Love to cook? Ever thought of a Food Business? Tuesday, 6:30 p.m.: How to Start a Food Business
· Looking to turn a passion into a career? Wednesday, 6:30 p.m.: How to Find the Work You Love
· Need to make a career â??love connectionâ??? Thursday, 11:00 a.m.: 3-2-1 Contact! How to Network
Good Day is the Midlands only local 4 hour television morning show, providing news, weather, traffic, information, entertainment, and fun to Columbia, Lexington, Batesburg, Kershaw, Newberry, Saluda, Sandy Run, Chapin, Cayce, South Congaree, Orangeburg, Camden, and the other areas of the Midlands of South Carolina.
Be sure to connect with the GDC Team!