Irmo apartment fire kills two children

<font size="2">St.Andrews Road Apartments</font>

IRMO, SC (WACH) - A late morning fire leaves two small children dead.

Irmo fire chief Mike Sonefeld said the fire began about 10:00 a.m. at an apartment complex on St. Andrews Road near Irmo. The cause an electrical short near the family's Christmas tree, which caught it on fire.

Sonefeld said the children were a 5-year-old boy,named Jarmaion N. Martin and 18-month old Reghin M Stevens.

Stephen Hudson with the Red Cross of South Carolina said about 19 people are displaced and is helping the folks find lodging and with mental health assistance.

Irmo Fire Marshals are still looking into a cause.