COLUMBIA (WACH) -- Former Gamecock Marcus Lattimore's recovery from his second major knee surgery in as many years continues as he prepares for the NFL season.
Lattimore, who is starting off on the San Francisco 49ers Active/Non-Football Injury List, told reporters on Tuesday that he's feeling very confident about his recovery, but admits he won't know how his knee is really doing until he gets hit.
â??You wonâ??t know until you get hit,â?? Lattimore said. â??Once you put on the pads, and take a hit, and you fall on your knee, and you get back up, thatâ??s when you know youâ??re ready to go."
The San Francisco 49ers selected Lattimore in the fourth round of this past spring's NFL draft.
According to a YouTube video posted earlier this month, the NFL rookie was running the stadium steps at Williams-Brice Stadium during a shoot for a new Under Armour commercial.
The video, entitled "Latt says what knee surgery", was posted by Lattimore's stepfather, Vernon Smith, Jr.
Lattimore spoke to The Associated Press by phone after the draft about his rehab and said the most difficult part has been doctors and trainers slowing him down from overdoing things. Lattimore still believes he can be ready to play this fall, but is content to follow doctors' orders.
Lattimore became the darling of the 2013 NFL draft after his rapid recovery from knee surgery following a gruesome knee injury suffered during a game against Tennessee back in October.