COLUMBIA (WACH) -- The Humane Society of the Midlands is offering $25 spay surgeries for the month of January in an effort to prevent the overpopulation of kittens that usually occurs in the spring.
Cats go into heat as the days get longer coming out of winter, so the Humane Society is emphasizing getting your cat spayed now with its Female Feline Frenzy promotion by reducing the cost from the original $45.
The Humane Society, which has a veterinarian on staff, has the following rules for people interested in taking advantage of the January promotion:
- Limit two surgeries per household
- Surgeries must be scheduled in advance
- Pet owners must present vaccination records before surgery (If pets aren't current on vaccinations, the Humane Society can provide necessary vaccinations.)
- Pets must be at least three months old
- Humane Society spay/neuter policies and pre-surgical instructions can be found here