Morning WACH December 17, 2013
Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:45:24 GMT —
Here is your Good Day Columbia GDC Morning WACH for Tuesday December 17, 2013:
Getting oh so close to Santaâ??s visit, and with it comes the need to have your hair fashion ready for the jolly old manâ??s trip to South Carolina. Looking good, along with some great recipes, job tips, and a look at faith made up our show this morning.
A new read for a new job
Lori Cook joined us from the Richland Library to show off so new books that can help you reboot your job search. She has a stack of fresh publications that you can check out for free!
is the link.
Hair Hair Hair!! Merry Christmas!
If you're looking to spruce up your look and have the perfect "holiday hair" Janet Parker gets some tips from fashion/beauty contributor
in today's Fashion Talk. Check out her other thoughts, tips, and of course, style
Some good lookinâ?? cookinâ??
Our favorite pseudo Lone Star State pal , Jackie Brown from Texas Roadhouse joined us with a couple of easy dishes just in time for the last few holiday parties. Check them out
Choose your favorite kind of pickle; chips work best.
Prepare Seasoned Flour:
1 cup flour
1tsp of each -- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and chili powder
Heat peanut or fry oil in a heavy stock pot or Dutch oven to 350F.
Using a zip-top baggie, thoroughly coat pickle chips in seasoned flour, (combine flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and chili powder to taste)
Shake off excess flour and fry small batches of pickles in the oil (pickles will float with no bubbles when cooked)
Use a slotted spoon to remove cooked pickles
Drain on a paper towel lined plate or sheet pan and keep warm in oven
Thicker pickle chips will cook more slowly
Allow time some between batches for the oil to reheat
Serve with your favorite dressing or sauce like Ranch or horseradish
6 Medium Baking Potatoes
All Seasoning Mix
8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/8 cup Bacon Bits
2 cups Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Scrub the potatoes clean, rub with vegetable oil and bake for approximately one hour
3. Remove potatoes from oven, allow to cool slightly before handling
4. Cut into halves
5. Using a spoon carefully scoop the inside of the potatoes until ¼ inch of the potato shell remains
6. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees
7. Sprinkle potatoes with All Seasoning mix, arrange in a baking dish and return to the oven baking on one side for 10 minutes
8. Flip the skins over and bake for an additional 10 minutes
9. Arrange the skins skin-side down and fill with cheddar cheese and bacon bits
10. Return to the oven and Broil until cheese is bubbly -- approximately 2 minutes
11. Serve hot with sour cream
Good Day is the Midlands only local 4 hour television morning show, providing news, weather, traffic, information, entertainment, and fun to Columbia, Lexington, Batesburg, Kershaw, Newberry, Saluda, Sandy Run, Chapin, Cayce, South Congaree, Orangeburg, Camden, and the other areas of the Midlands of South Carolina.
Be sure to connect with the GDC Team!