COLUMBIA (WACH) - Tired of looking at that old prom dress or bridesmaid gown in your closet? Some young South Carolina lawyers will take them off your hands.
The S.C. Bar Young Lawyers Division, in conjunction with the Upsilon Omega Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Inc., is sponsoring the annual Cinderella Project, which provides gently worn formal, bridesmaid and prom dresses for young women who lack the financial resources to buy a gown for their high school prom.
Clean dresses in all sizes, as well as evening bags, jewelry, shoes and other accessories, are needed. Donations are being accepted through Feb. 23 and can be dropped off at any of the following Columbia-area locations:
- M Boutique, 702 Cross Hill Rd., Ste. 400A, Columbia
- Revente, 737 Saluda Ave., Columbia
- Richardson Plowden, 1900 Barnwell St., Columbia
- Rogers Townsend, 220 Executive Center Dr., Columbia
- Lexington Chamber of Commerce, 321 S. Lake Dr., Lexington
- Greater Irmo Chamber of Commerce, 1248 Lake Murray Blvd., Irmo
- Chapin Chamber of Commerce, 302 Columbia Ave., Chapin
- W. Metro Chamber of Commerce, 1006 12th St., Cayce
A boutique will be held on Saturday, March 2, from 9 a.m. to noon, at the USC School of Law located at 701 Main St. in Columbia to give the girls an opportunity to â??shopâ?? for dresses at no cost.
Girls from all area schools are invited to attend and must bring their student IDs. YLD thanks the Junior League of Columbia and Wells Fargo for their contributions, which help make the 2013 Cinderella Project a success.