COLUMBIA (WACH) â?? Here are some tips provided by Verizon Wireless to ensure safety during inclement weather:
- Donâ??t leave wireless devices in cars or in places exposed to the cold. Low temperatures will drain the batteries and make the screens more fragile.
- Send brief text messages and limit voice calls to emergency situations to conserve battery power and free up wireless networks for emergency agencies
- Keep wireless phones, tablets, hotspots, netbooks and laptops fully charged in case local power and landline service is lost.
- Have additional charged batters and car-charger adapters for back-up power.
- Download mobile apps from local media outlets and emergency agencies like Red Cross and FEMA to help you track weather conditions and access important information.
Stay in the know with school and business closings and delays.