91
      Wednesday
      93 / 73
      Thursday
      93 / 72
      Friday
      92 / 73

      Weekend fire leaves Columbia family homeless

      <font size="2">A family is homeless tonight after their home caught fire over the weekend.</font>

      COLUMBIA (WACH) - A family is homeless tonight after their home caught fire over the weekend.

      Columbia fire crews said shortly after 3 p.m. Sunday they were called to Quail Lane.

      Fire crews said heavy black smoke was coming from the house as the entered the burning home.

      A spokesperson said no one was injured and two adults and two children have been displaced.

      Firefighters said the home is a complete loss and estimate $375,000 damages.

      Neighbors tell WACH Fox they are collecting items to help the family rebuild.

      One neighbor said people can leave donated items on the steps to the home.

      They said the family is in need of adult and children clothes.

      Neighbors in the Lake Katherine community also recommend leaving gift cards for the family.

      The fire is currently under investigation.