Blythewood solar eclipse glasses recalled, replacements being issued
BLYTHEWOOD, S.C. (WACH)-- The Town of Blythewood has recalled the solar eclipse glasses that were distributed by the Blythewood Chamber of Commerce.
According to the City Hall, the solar eclipse glasses that were distributed were not manufactured by one of the five NASA certified companies therefore they have decided to voluntarily recall all pairs of solar eclipse glasses given out through the Chamber.
The following locations in and around Blythewood, SC have given out free pairs in the past two weeks:
- Town of Blythewood 171 Langford Road, Blythewood
- Blythewood Chamber of Commerce 428 McNulty Rd, Blythewood
- Eye Concepts, LLC 331 Killian Road, Suite B-2, Columbia
- Eye Love Cares Clinic 2240 W. DeKalb Street, Camden
- Palmetto Citizens Bank 312 Blythewood Road, Blythewood
- The Shissias Law Firm, LLC 1422 Laurel Street, Columbia
- Doko Smoke 408 Main Street, Blythewood
- Mid Carolina Credit Union 10350 Wilson Blvd., Blythewood
- Fowler Realty Team 1040 Wildwood Centre Drive, Suite B, Columbia
- Enclave Blythewood 2052 Blythewood Crossing Lane, Blythewood
- Kroger 1028 Roberts Branch Pkwy, Columbia
- Blythewood Feed & Hardware 412 McNulty Street, Blythewood
- The Law Office of Shannon K. Burnett 109 North Main Street, Blythewood
- Chick-fil-A Killian Crossing, Killian Road, Columbia, SC
Town Hall officials recommend that those who received solar eclipse glasses through the Chamber return them to any of the above locations to be discarded.
They also recommend that no one use the glasses to view the sun or the eclipse as safety is among the highest priority.
Any solar eclipse glasses being used to view the sun or the eclipse must come from one of the following approved manufacturers:
- American Paper Optics
- Baader Planetarium
- Rainbow Symphony
- Thousand Oaks Optical
- TSE 17
Replacements have been ordered and should be available at the above locations before the eclipse weekend.