WACH: Obamacare open enrollment ends Friday at midnight
Health insurance is complicated. Everyone needs it, but few people truly understand their options. The deadline to sign up for healthcare is Friday, December 15 by midnight.
President and CEO of Lourie Life & Health, Joel Lourie, says you can call his office or drop by for an in person consultation:
9a.m.-6p.m. Thursday, December 15.
2711 Middleburg Drive, Suite 208
Columiba, SC 29204
Click here for more info: Getcoveredsc.com
Free Help Thursday:
Senior Media Relations Strategist of BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina will Shawn Skillman will be available from 3 - 4pm on Thursday, Dec. 14 to answer questions about BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina exchange plans.
• BlueCross is offering 24 plans on the exchange including one with a $0 premium.
• Some of the plans have lower copays, smaller deductibles and a variety of prescription drug benefits.
• Friday, Dec. 15 is the deadline and we do not expect it to be extended.
• If you do not sign up, you are running the risk of paying for all of your health expenses out of pocket.
• BlueCross is the only carrier on the exchange.
• To sign up, you need to know the social security numbers of everyone getting insurance in the house, your 2018 expected income and your address.
• To sign up call 877-259-6110
• It takes about 20-45 minutes to sign up with one of the licensed counselors at the SC Blue store
Appointments are strongly encouraged.
Columbia Retail Center Columbiana Station
1260 Bower Parkway
Columbia, SC 29212
Free Help Friday:
1. Enrollment Center at Residence Inn from 9 a.m.- 9 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 15. 2320 LeGrand Road in Columbia, 29223
2. Noon-midnight Brooklyn Baptist church
3. Richland Library social workers and navigators are preparing to answer last-minute questions from the community. From noon to midnight, Friday, December 15. Local residents can meet with representatives from Palmetto Project, Lourie Life and Health, and Insurance Advantage during an ACA Deadline Event at Brookland Baptist Church (1066 Sunset Blvd., West Columbia).
In addition, free consultations are available at any Richland Library location leading up to the deadline. To schedule an appointment, you can call 803-231-6330 or visit richlandlibrary.com/getcovered.
• Be sure to have the following information readily available:
• Household income for 2017
• Social Security numbers
• Dates of birth for yourself and dependents
• Current workplace's offered health care plan; optional
Since Open Enrollment started on November 1, more than two million Americans have signed up and chosen health care plans for 2018, according to recent data.
Again, the final day for Open Enrollment is Friday, December 15.
For questions, please contact Emily Stoll at 803-587-3637 or email email@example.com.