The Huddle: Gamecock Women's Soccer Trying to Make History
On this week's episode of "The Huddle," host Matt Dowell takes you through the biggest news in local and national sports. In this jam-packed show, hear from coaches and players on the following topics:
-South Carolina women's soccer: the Gamecocks are making their first ever appearance in the College Cup and are trying to win the program's first ever national championship.
-Skylar Meade: the new pitching coach for South Carolina baseball met the media for the first time and says he's looking forward to joining the staff after Jerry Meyers had to step down as pitching coach due to medical reasons.
-Clemson Tigers: the reigning national champs are back at #1 in the college football playoff and are preparing to take on Miami in the ACC Championship on Saturday.
-Carolina Panthers: the 8-3 Panthers have an NFC South showdown versus the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. The winner of that game will take first place in the NFC South.
Dowell ends the show with the top 5 biggest trending national sports stories. The top 5 are:
5. Talib vs Crabtree fight: The fight between Aqib Talib and Michael Crabtree had consequences as they were both suspended for one game.
4. Blake Griffin takes a bad fall: the NBA star fell and tore his MCL. He could miss up to two months.
3. Lebron's favorite players: James listed off his favorite players in the NFL and said his new favorite to watch is Eagles Quarterback Carson Wentz.
2. The return of Tiger Woods: Woods has been making a lot of off course headlines in 2017, but said he's ready to get going in Albany this weekend.
1. Eli Manning benched: the New York Giants made a shocking announcement when they said they were benching longtime quarterback Eli Manning, a decision that had the 2-time Super Bowl champ tearing up in the locker room.
"The Huddle" airs on Tuesday nights at 11 pm ET on WACH FOX.