WACH/SONIC DRIVE-IN SCRATCH AND WIN
OFFICIAL MOBILE SCRATCH AND INSTANT WIN CONTEST RULES
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 26, 2016, DUE THE CHANGE IN THE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME SCHEDULE CAUSED BY HURRICANE MATTHEW, THESE CONTEST RULES WERE CHANGED TO EXTEND THE END DATE OF THE CONTEST FROM OCTOBER 28, 2016 TO NOVEMBER 4, 2016.
Contest: Sonic Drive-In Scratch and Win
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WACH
Station Address: 1400 Pickens St., 6th Floor, Columbia, SC 29201
Contest Area: Richland, Lexington, Saluda, Newberry, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lee, Sumter, Clarendon, Orangeburg and Calhoun counties
Sponsor: Boom Inc./Sonic
Prize Provider: Boom Inc./Sonic
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18) and older
Contest Period: August 17, 2016 to the earlier to occur of (1) when all available instant prizes have been won, or (2) at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 6, 2016.
Short Code: 91217
Maximum Number of Instant Winners: Up to ten thousand (10,000) possible winners.
Instant Prizes and Values: Up to ten-thousand (10,000) instant winners will each receive one (1) of the following prizes, as determined at the time the game is played by the entrant:
-One (1) small order of tater tots. Total approximate retail value of each is $1.00.
-One (1) small Slush. Total approximate retail value of each is $1.29.
-One (1) small Real ice cream cone. Total approximate retail value of each is $1.00.
Station’s Website: http://wach.com/station/contests
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://wach.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Play and Win
1. Only one (1) instant win per entrant. Entrants may play the game once per day during the Contest Period, up until such date entrant may become an instant winner. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
2. To enter, text the Keyword to the Short Code from your mobile phone. Alternatively, use a QR code reader (scanner) on your mobile device to link to play. Entrants will then receive an automated text message with a link to the game on the screen of his/her mobile device. Data rates may apply. Entrants will be required to enter his/her email address and verify age before starting the game. The game will indicate the number of matches required to win an Instant Prize, and the respective
Instant Prize for such game. Instant winners will be determined at the time each game is played.
3. Text STOP to the Short Code to cancel. Text HELP to the Short Code for help. Entrants will receive one (1) text message relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, own a mobile device capable of smart phone capabilities and texting, and reside in the Contest Area. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with smart phone capabilities and text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, mobile device failure, any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received. All entries received that are from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company.
2. Entrant’s mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans.
3. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest and/or the use of short-code.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each instant winner will be notified by phone/mobile device. Each winner will then receive an email or mobile notification with a prize code/voucher to redeem at the Sponsor’s participating locations. In the event a winner enters an incorrect or invalid email address, then such winner’s prize will be void. Winners will claim his/her prize in person at the Sponsor’s participating location within seven (7) days of notification/winning, and will be required to present his/her mobile device or email with the winning prize code/voucher.
6. As a condition of playing and winning, instant winners hereby (i) represent that they have complied with all the rules and regulations of this contest, have not perpetrated any fraud or deception in entering this contest or claiming a prize, and are not an employee of the Company, Sponsor, or their affiliated companies; and (ii) agree to INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS and COVENANT NOT TO MAKE A CLAIM OR SUE the Company, and its subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, Sponsor(s), their owners, stockholders, directors, board of trustees, officers, employees, agents, representatives, insurers, successors, heirs and assigns and each and every person acting by, through, under or in concert with them, or any of them (hereinafter collectively and individually referred to as “Releases”) of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent (hereinafter referred to as “Claims”) which instant winner may have or hereafter have against Releases by reason of any injuries or damages that winner may sustain, whether to his/her person, property or reputation, as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the contest or his/her use of the prize.
7. If a winner does not claim his/her prize within seven (7) days of winning, then the prize will be forfeited, and then the prize will remain the property of the Company or Sponsor.
8. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
9. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
10. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
11. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
12. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
13. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
14. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.